Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to editing

So this past week has been big for me on rejections. Well, I received two, from agents who had requested partials of Druid. Once I convinced myself this did not signal the beginning of the apocalypse, and that I still had a writing career ahead of me if I wanted it badly enough, I realized that as far as rejections go they were pretty good. Both agents commented on several positive aspects. But ultimately it didn't work for them. Both reminded me how subjective this business was - and I couldn't agree more. I mean, just look at the RITA winners this year. Anyway else unable to get past chapter two on a couple of those books? Now that doesn't mean the authors aren't talented - they just weren't my cup of chai. I remember mentioning this to one of my fellow Emergineers who practically begged me to keep going through one of them because she had loved the book.
So, I've picked myself back up, swiped off my dusty behind, and it's back to deep editing and re-writing sections of Druid.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer on the rejections, but you know you're getting closer when they actually comment and it's not a form letter. So - keep going at it. I have faith you'll land a contract soon. You're too good a writer not to.

    ReplyDelete