• 75 million: The number of Americans who read at least one romance novel in 2008.
• 91: percentage of romance readers who are female.
• 31-49: Age range of the typical romance reader.
• 7: Number of days it typically takes a reader to begin and finish a romance novel.
And a few numbers from the USA TODAY Best-Selling Books list:
• 13: The percentage of total book sales that romance novels have accounted for in 2010, up from 10% in 2009.
• 25: The average number of romances that have appeared each week in the Top 150 in 2010, up from 19 a week in 2009 and 17 a week in 2008.
The article can be read here: Romance genre sweeps readers off their feet