Monday, June 1, 2009

My secret addiction

Who knew? Its online auctions! I won’t know what to do with myself now that Brenda Novak’s online auction to support diabetes research is done. Last night was the nail-biting finish. Picture this…Sicily, 1942…oops wrong story. Picture this…introduction to a pretty well-known agent who will review your work. Down to the wire – 50 seconds to go and someone makes a bid which automatically extends the bidding on the item for another 5 minutes. Who made that rule? Ack! What do I do? One the one hand, this would a great opportunity in my writing career (it would also, hopefully, get Irene Muse to stop disappearing), I get to support diabetes research. You can see the choices were all one-sided. So I bid again, muttering that for the sake of my sanity, I would stop it now. I got it! So now, I really, really, really have to get my act together and write. I owe Vicki a review of the rest of her book – Mikela’s Reckoning – a lovely book with a yummy angel hero. And then I really have to find my groove.

The rest of this week is devoted to finishing up packing. Next week (if I have survived the packers) – Digression warning…last time this happened in Salt Lake City, I remember contemplating the ground fondly from my 11th floor balcony; I had to call Pat to help me calm down, which she did with her usual good sense and cheer – so, if I have survived, I will be driving to Phoenix on a brand-spanking-new adventure.

Come back by on June 7th when I will post an interview with Sandy Lender. The first book of her the first book of her Choices trilogy, Choices Meant for Gods, is now available.


Cheers,
Rayka

2 comments:

  1. Other than reading the same thing twice and thinking I had gone beserk, I loved your post. *lol* I totally identify. I got hooked on ebay a few years back and bought some of the most useless items simply because I couldn't stop myself. I went to ebay.anon and kicked the habit, but I really have to steer clear of the site. Because of my "illness" I didn't even visit Brenda Novak's auction. I just knew personally, I couldn't afford to support the entire diabetic nation, which is what I would have tried to do. It's that need to win that will get you everytime. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, haven't done the auction thing. Got burned my first time with ebay over a set of legos that my son just had to have. Yep, it was a bidding thing and yes we won the high bid but dang if I didn't realize we were bidding in pounds and not dollars. Whaaa. I ended up paying way more than I should have for legos.

    But I applaud your generosity to diabetes research and congrats big time on winning the bid. Now - get to writing!!!

    ReplyDelete