Monday, April 13, 2009

Romance novel sales up in recession

Gee, it certainly was a pleasure to read that sales of several sub genres of romance are up in this recession. Whether it be escapism (something endorsed by both the New York times and the LA Times) or the 'bodice-ripper' fantasy (thank you Meghan Daum at the LA Times but we actually left that term behind a few decades ago), I was glad to see sales are up. Not for my books mind you, but I am glad for my friends and acquaintances whose books I hope are selling!
I was curious about the hairy, very-male looking arm pulling out a romance novel in the New York times photo that accompanied the article! Does this mean readership has changed too? Oh no! is nothing sacred to us gals anymore? http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/08/books/08roma.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&emc=eta1

Cheers,
Rayka

www.RaykaMennen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment